Proud as punch to share with you the grandbabies’ first birthdays, Charlie born in May, and the twins Leo and Gordy born a month later in June.
Charlie’s First Birthday
This month I am going to show you an outfit that I had the privilege of creating for granddaughter Charlotte Rose (Charlie for short), for her first birthday. Her mother gave me some direction with the color choices but allowed me free reign on the design. Here she is, all decked out for her first party!
I did have a few comments from customers as to whether I was going to have machine embroidery designs for children on my website. My answer at that time was no, but some of my designs can be incorporated into something for children, like the headband I created for Charlie.
I stitched out my machine embroidery design Rose, 3D Organza, small, shown in the picture below, but I used ivory rayon thread on 2 layers of ivory organza. The instructions for forming the rose are included with the design download.
I stitched out my machine embroidery design Gardenia, shown in the picture below, but I stitched one flower in dark purple rayon thread on 1 layer of dark purple organza and 1 layer of light purple organza, and then I stitched out a second flower in medium purple rayon thread on 2 layers of light purple organza.
The dark purple gardenia was formed using the instructions included with the design download.
The bottom layer for the light purple gardenia was left off to create a slightly smaller flower than the dark purple one.
I stitched out one hoop-full of my embroidery design Cutworksm2 Leaf, 3D Organza, Code: FL-006, as shown in the picture below, using ivory rayon thread on 2 layers of ivory organza.
The leaves were then embellished with purple crystals.
Before I put the headband together, I also made some thin ribbon loops in ivory and dark purple, and some wider ribbon loops in light purple. Using ivory and medium purple tulle, I also created a few accents to use as fillers. I also made a couple of beaded drops that would hang in front of Charlie’s right ear.
I cut a piece of ivory felt in an oval shape about 3 inches long and 1 ½ inches wide. After I played with the arrangement of the flowers and accents, I glued them onto the felt piece. This felt piece was then glued onto the stretch mauve headband.
Charlie’s mom wanted Charlie to have the cutest bottom at the party!
This called for bloomers with ombre ruffles from ivory to dark purple. I created 5 rows of ruffles using combinations of organza and tulle.
The first row was 1 layer of ivory organza and 1 layer of ivory tulle. The second row was 1 layer of ivory organza and 1 layer of medium purple tulle. The third row was 1 layer of medium purple organza and 1 layer of medium purple tulle. The fourth row was 1 layer of dark purple organza and 1 layer of medium purple tulle. The fifth row was 2 layers of dark purple organza. A bow made with 2 of the different ribbons finished off the look.
The ruffles extended past the side seams towards the front of the bloomers. So cute!
Some of you that know me, know that I am a matchy-matchy person, therefore these bloomers screamed for a matching sun dress with an open back to show off the bloomers, and a pair of matching shoes with bows!
Charlie, being the smart little sprite that she is, knew exactly how to maneuver around without letting the dress get in her way!
I may be a little prejudiced, but she does look adorable!
Before she was let loose on her rose covered birthday cake, mom removed the sundress and the shoes.
More into the cake-smashing, the headband was also removed!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Leo and Gordy’s First Birthday
I also had the privilege of creating accessories for twin grandson’s Leo and Gordy’s first birthday. Their mother wanted the theme of Mustaches. She had a pair of mustache suspenders for each little guy and requested a bowtie for each of them.
Again, my matchy-matchy persona took over, therefore these suspenders REQUIRED matching bowties, hats, and shoes!
I created the embroidery designs for the hats to resemble an intellectual super sleuth with wiggle eyes and a mustache. Their names were embroidered on the back of each of their hats. I also created a similar mustache design, to be embroidered on organza, that was added to the bowties and the shoes. Instead of a Nike logo, the shoes sported a mustache logo!
In order for the bowtie to attach to a t-shirt neckline, I used 2 earth magnets, each ¼ inch in diameter. One was attached to the back of the bowtie and the other one was attached to the inside of the open-end loop that goes around the bowtie. The bowtie was placed on the front of the t-shirt and then the loop was put over the bowtie and continued to the inside of the t-shirt where the magnets met.
The hats and bowties were hits with the little peanuts, but like most typical little boys, the shoes just wouldn’t stay on!
Mmmm!!! Chocolate icing tastes way better on the bottom of the candle!!! What a cutie!!
Again, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for stopping by.
For your friends to receive notifications for my new blogs, have them register on my website at https://www.designsbyrothney.com
No posts found